$200 HP Stream Notebook PC 11 11-d010nr @ 4.5 Watts runs Flex 1500 & should run 6000 series

Wal-Mart price rollback to $179.00 also check out NewEgg.com for new and refurbished models as well as USB 3.0 hubs with or without Gigabit Ethernet ports.

Comes with 64-bit Windows 8.1 with Bing; Dual core Intel Celeron CPU N2840 @ 2.16GHz; 2048MB DDR3 SDRAM; 32GB eMMC drive; 11.6" Diagonal HD LED Display; WLAN & Bluetooth. Ports are: SD Card slot; power jack; HDMI port; 1 USB 3.0 port; 1 USB 2.0 port; and a 1/8 inch Audio-in (microphone) / Audio-out (headphone) jack. Internals: 2 Internal microphones; 2 WWAN antennas; 2 WLAN antennas; Mute key/Mute light; Airplane mode key; 2 Speakers; Touchpad (no touch screen); Windows key (displays the Start screen); Power key/Power light; Webcam; Webcam light.
Dimensions (W x D x H): 11.81" x 8.10" x 0.78" Weight: 2.82 lbs.

Ctrl, Shift, ESC brings up the Task Manager, Under the Performance tab are listed 30 second moving graphs for CPU, Memory, Disk, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth usage, with more details listed under the graphs. Nice large 5/8 inch keys separated by 1/8 inch makes for a nice keyboard for larger fingers. Since the CPU pulls only 4.5 Watts, there is no fan so the unit is silent! The bottom only gets slightly warm!

From what I could determine from Intel documentation, this computer exceeds the minimum requirements for operation of SmartSDR for Windows and shows GPU Capability: Maximum Graphics Acceleration.

I like to use a mouse with a scroll wheel with my Flex-1500 to change frequencies. I recommend getting a USB 3.0 hub and if planning on trying to use it on a Flex 6000 series one with a Gigabit Ethernet port. The USB 3.0 will accept USB 2.0, USB 1.1, and USB 1.0 items without slowing everything down to the slowest item. If one wanted more memory they could use a USB 3.0 external drive, or add an SD Memory card to the SD card port.

When the computer settles down, after loading all of the Windows programs, it is running around 11 % @ 0.6 GHz. When PowerSDR v2.7.2 is started and settles down it is running around 56 % @ 2.00 GHz. The screen resolution runs from 1366 x 768 (Recommended) to 1024 x 768 so all of the PowerSDR window shows.

Using only 4.5 Watts, and having no fan to make noise and suck in dirt and debris, makes the HP Stream 11 a good candidate for a low power portable system.

It would be interesting to see how the HP Stream 11 works on the Flex 6000 series. With an HDMI port one can connect a TV for a larger screen size. I loaded SmartSDR v1.4.3 with no problems, but there wasn't a demo choice so I couldn't test it. The SmartSDR DAX loaded and ran all of the time even when running PowerSDR with no problems.

I would like to hear about your results and what you think.

Frank Anderson, AC0XL 2015-09-12.