Hi Brian,

This could be a database corruption problem. Have you tried using the Factory Defaults button in the Setup menu to reset the database. I would hold off on transmitting until you tried the database reset.

I own a Flex-5000A and occasionally I have had to do a reset to Factory Defaults. I also maintain copies of working databases to restore the radio to a previous working configuration after the database reset.

73,
Bill
NJ1H