Don't get me wrong - I like my F5K, and PowerSDR. I would like to see more done with it over time, but I'm not expecting anything from Flex.

I do want to say - all the talk that Flex is making a business decision in favor of the 6xxx series - what happens when the next series comes along? Will the SmartSDR give way to something else, and "business" will cut it off?

Also, support of the hardware for a hardware device is good, but when you have a hybrid, the software should be part of the support. New features - well, maybe not so much. But it seems that when the WARC bands came out in 79, most "recent" radios had kits made available from the manufacturers (at a cost) to add those new bands to their radios, even if they weren't the latest model in the line-up. I would hope that Flex will add in whatever we get as new allocations, at least for a while.

Why is some of this important to Flex, even if it isn't the highest volume cash draw they have? Well, it indicates what they may be likely to do in the future. I thought one of the tag-lines they had was these were "future proof". The future is a pretty big item. Maybe as a small start-up, they didn't have the training in proper marketing limitations to not promise something they couldn't, or wouldn't delver (or the lawyers to tell them not to say that).

73,
Ed
WB0VHF