Hi Liz,
What you need to do then is set the rights at the Namespace level in
_ContentBaseDefinition for each namespace. Here the syntax is slightly
different

AllowRead: all DenyEdit: user:testuser AllowEdit: user:adminuser

The reference for this is at [1].

[1] http://www.flexwiki.com/default.aspx/FlexWiki/FlexWikiAuthorization.html

Let me know if this is not working for you

John Davidson