Jon S Berndt writes:

> Buildings. I can't see how any sane person could say "Planes" (I could be
> wrong, though ;-) I like to be PIC when I fly a simulator. I don't want to
> sit outside my plane and watch me fly it. The cockpit panels we have now are
> fine. The ground looks sooooo barren. Adding buildings, IMHO, would increase
> the realism FAR more than adding aircraft models - which under normal
> circumstances you won't even see, anyhow, I would think.

I must say I agree with you here.  I've never quite understood the
desire for amazingly detailed aircraft models with moving parts and
zillions of repaints.  However, a reasonable external model is quite
useful IMHO so one can replay the landing and check the attitude and
which gear touched down first!!  (OK, I know JSBSim can provide this
information as output, but its so much easier just to watch.)

IMHO the most important to do first would be airport buildings and
control towers, since the approach is probably the part of flight at
which one has the most view of the ground, and the airports look
awfully bare with the aprons and taxiways but no buildings.

Cheers - Dave