On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, David Megginson wrote:

> Andy Ross writes:
>
>  >  > the C310 has counter-rotating engines (therefore no p-factor)
>  >
>  > It does?  Oops.  I gotta get that fixed.  The YASim model has
>  > identical engines; I thought that most of the "simple" twins had
>  > co-rotating engines, because of the difficulty of getting the engine
>  > manufacturers to tool up for mirrored engine parts.
>
> I meant that my model does -- I haven't checked whether the real one
> does or not.  I know that at least some Piper Navajos and Twin
> Comanches have, as does the Seneca III.  Does anyone out there know
> about the Cessna 310?

You know the phrase, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make
him look at the type certificate?  :-)

I do have to say, I have not run across a site that made it harder to
get to the useful stuff than this one.  The trick seems to be
making judicious use of the search capability.

http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgMakeModel.nsf/MainFrame?OpenFrameSet

The TCDS No. for the 310 is 3A10.  Doing a search for '3A10' from the
main page will return many links to the URL from which you can
download the TCDS in PDF form.  Once you've done this, you'll notice
that for every model, the TCDS does not distinguish between left and
right engines leading one to the conclusion that both props rotate in
the same direction.

You're right about the Seneca having counter-rotating props and if you
download the TCDS (No. A7SO) you can see how seperate left and right
engines are specified.

Its also worth noting that this site also contains TCDS for engines.
In my experience "modeling" aircraft for x-plane, I found that much of
what you need to know is located in the engine TCDS.

If there's any data not covered in the TCDS's that you need, let me
know.  I've got a couple of good sources for Cessna data.

Thad