> > > You might want to notice a few things:
> >
> > >   4) the lens distorts the perspective a little, the
> > >      lower left and right side panels are perpendicular to the
> > >      flight deck

Maybe I am not understanding what you mean. The panels with instruments to
the left of the pilots left arm are what I am referring to (I thought this
was what you were initially referring to). There are two of them, the upper
left side panel is not vertically oriented, it is canted out from the
vertical perhaps about 20 degrees. The lower left side panel is canted about
20 to 30 degrees, as well. It's the same thing on the right side. The
comment I made about the shuttle cockpit panels being similar is due to
having spent *lots* of time in the training simulators (usually in the
middle of the night, as they were reserved for astronauts during the day).
The picture you supplied doesn't show the flight deck to the point you would
be able to fully realize the similarities. Try these:

http://www.unitedspacealliance.com/press/meds/meds01b.jpg
http://www.unitedspacealliance.com/press/meds/meds15b.jpg

and compare with this:

http://209.41.125.134/Sightings/Icons/B2Lores.jpg

I wonder if this general arrangement might be pretty standard, so I should
not be surprised at the similarity.

Jon