Andy Ross wrote:

> Christian Mayer wrote:
>  > Andy Ross wrote:
>  > > Is that correct?  In my SimGear installation tree, easyxml.h is under
>  > > /simgear, there is no /simgear/xml directory.  In the SimGear *source*
>  > > tree, that's where the file is.  But you're not supposed to be
>  > > building against the source tree.  I suspect you have a bug in your
>  > > project configuration.
>  >
>  > No. I'm using the latest CVS. And the file lives (on my System) in
>  >
>  >   K:\Projekte\SimGear\simgear\xml
>
> That's the source tree -- the stuff you've checked out of CVS.  Under
> the autoconf build procedures, there's a "make install" step that puts
> the SimGear header files into a specified target directory (the
> default is /usr/local/include/simgear).  When installed, easyxml.h
> goes into /usr/local/include/simgear/easyxml.h.

Ah, ok. But the autoconf build process is unportable and shouldn't be
relied on. So IMHO (and out of the MSVC perspective) the files should be
included as seen in the source tree.

OK, that's a quite narrow minded view (as well as the opposite direction
would be).

I think David's suggestion is the best to "fix" the autoconf.

CU,
Christian

--
The idea is to die young as late as possible.        -- Ashley Montague

Whoever that is/was; (c) by Douglas Adams would have been better...