The JSBSim flight models now support yaw and roll trim as well as
pitch trim.  The new properties are as follow:

  /controls/rudder-trim for yaw
  /controls/aileron-trim for roll

The values are clamped to -1.0:1.0, as with elevator trim and the
elevator, rudder, and aileron properties themselves.

You use these properties in different ways, depending on the aircraft.
Our Cessna 172, for example, has only an elevator-trim wheel in the
cockpit, so you have to set aileron or rudder trim statically on the
ground by bending a piece of aluminum (or in our case, by setting the
/controls/*-trim property in your .fgfsrc) -- we'll try to provide
reasonable default values in c172-set.xml once current work
stabilizes, but you can choose different values for your own preferred
flight conditions (econo-cruise, speed daemon, low flyer, etc.).

For the Cessna 182 and Cessna 310, there is a rudder-trim wheel in the
cockpit, so you can change the rudder trim dynamically during flight
by using the '<' and '>' keys (especially useful when you have an
engine out on the C-310); you still have to set aileron trim
statically before the flight.  These keybindings are set in the
*-set.xml files, so they are available only for the appropriate
aircraft.

When we get around to modelling bigger aircraft like the King Air,
there will also be an aileron trim wheel in the cockpit, and all three
trim axes will be adjustable dynamically during flight.

As always, make sure you do a cvs update on both FlightGear and the
base package.

All the best,

David

--