Curtis L. Olson writes:

>Norman Vine writes:
>> It appears as if recent changes in the CVS requires a
>> modification in the steps for building FGFS
>>
>> 1)  for now, with Cygwin at least,  you NEED to add
>>
>> AC_PREREQ(2.13)
>>
>> as the first REAL LINE in configure.in
>> I am investigating this as it shouldn't be necessary
>
>Strange, what happens / what kind of error messages do you see when
>this is missing?  The auto-tools do seem to suffer from mutually
>incompatible config file formats between versions which has been a
>problem for us ... :-(

fails with
checking for windows.h... yes
/src/FlightGear/configure: 3187: Sybtax error: word unexpected (expecting(
")")

I have been fighting this one for 'awhile' with no success
therefore my reccomendation for AC_PREREQ(2.13)

It is probably a shell syntax mistake or somesuch :-(

although this could be a cascade from autoconf failing with
configure.in: 145: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_EXT_DAYLIGHT
configure.in: 151: error  "" "" "" AC_EXT_TIMEZONE

>I have committed autogen.sh scripts and updated the README.autoconf.

Thanks :-)

Norman