Ross

I'm little more than a newbie with this programming stuff, so I might not be
able to help much.

What I can tell you is that FlightGear builds fine from CVS on my stock
RedHat 7.2 PC. On that, Mesa is at 3.4.2-7. I must admit, I tend to only
update packages through up2date unless a particular application demands a
newer version.

I trust you have the latest PLIB & SimGear as well. (Sorry, have to ask)
I'm now in the habit of completely removing plib, simgear & flightgear before
starting to rebuild, but that's probably unnecessary.

I hope this helps a bit

Darren