Alex Perry writes:

 > I think we'll have a bunch of existing simulator pilots being a bit
 > surprised how hard navigation is, when you omit DME and have no
 > moving map...

One interesting suggestion you (Alex) gave to me about a year ago was
to hide the panel and the HUD, then try to make a complete flight
from one airport to another (preferably airports I'd never been to
before) following only a VFR map.

In some ways, it was harder than it would be for a real pilot, since I
didn't have the peripheral vision or the motion cues (I cannot feel
when I'm in a slip, for example, or when I'm descending rapidly, and I
cannot feel any force feedback from the controls).

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson