>You can 'see' that it took some 2 minutes -
>130.792 secs to be exact - before i got the
>engine rolling ... so that's some 1310
>lines (@ 10 HZ) of csv that yield little ...
>
>One can be puzzled why the last column,
>very largely labeled engine[?].RPM starts
>at 1071.807 RPM, but over the next 10-15 secs
>falls to a low of 759.0082 - yes, engines
>seldom hold a 'constant' rpm, but ... abt row
>1730 (173 secs) i apply throttle, and the RPM
>quite quickly climbs to 2100 at row 1800
>(abt 180s)...

Geoff:

It appears that your machine may not be capable of running FlightGear
properly. This stuff should not be happening. What kind of machine do you
have? There is something else going on with your setup that isn't right. I
don't believe Christian sees these problems. Certainly, I don't see it under
Cygwin. I ran into similar things to what you are seeing a year ago when I
had a seriously underpowered machine/display card.

Note that JSBSim, at least, has been compiled under Borland C++, CygWin g++,
and Linux g++ and runs fine under those OSes in standalone mode. It has also
been compiled under Linux, CygWin, IRIX, Macintish, and MSVC (Christian) as
the default FDM within FlightGear and I haven't seen reports (with the new
CVS stuff, anyhow) that comes close to the chaotic mess you are reporting.
That doesn't mean there isn't a problem to be reported, here, nor does it
mean I can't help you. But I think your problems are beyond my control.

Jon