John Wojnaroski wrote:
 > Also, does the gear still exhibit extention/retraction delays. Is
 > there a fgGetDouble("/controls/gear[n]-position') or something like
 > that which returns a value from 0 to 1?

Aerodynamically, yes.  The gear is interpolated from "all" to "none"
over the retract-time specified.  But you can't see that in the
properties; all you get is the control position.  David is right, we
need to decide on a set of output properties for the actual surface
positions.

 > Note that 747 has a FLAP0 and FLAP1. No asymetric flap conditions -
 > one control for both?

Not quite.  The term "flap" in the YASim configuration files refers to
any moving-flap control surface.  The two on the wings are the landing
flaps and ailerons.  The <wing> definition is mirrored by default, so
there's no need to specify both flaps (or both ailerons).

So the control mapping is from /controls/flaps to FLAP0, and from
/controls/ailerons to FLAP1.  The aileron mapping has a split="true"
argument to get the sense right.

Note that you can have multiple control mappings for any given
surface.  This is there to support things like the "flaperons" on the
F-18 or the V-tail of the early Bonanzas.

Oh, and apropos of the 747, I tried it again last night and reproduced
the power bug that you and Jim Wilson reported.  I haven't a clue,
although I know it used to work (I distinctly remember cruising at
36000 ft.).  I must have broken something, probably in the engine
model; I'll take a look.

Andy