David Megginson writes:
> Curtis L. Olson writes:
>
>  > It seems to me like it would be *much* simpler to just make a copy of
>  > the dc3-yasim-set.xml file.  Say I wanted an "American Airlines" DC-3:
>  >
>  >     http://dfw.citysearch.com/E/V/DALTX/0213/06/66/cs1.html
>  >
>  > I could make a dc3-aa-yasim-set.xml and repaint your model.
>
> Yes, but then where do you put the *-set.xml file?  Not every user
> will have write access to the base package, even on their home system,
> and it's easy to blow away customizations there anyway during updates.
> This is where my second suggestion -- multiple paths -- might come in
> handy.
>
>  > This means one -set.xml file for each permutation but it seems simpler
>  > and more intuitive than having a different property name for each
>  > model.
>
> I wasn't trying to avoid multiple -set files; instead, I'm trying to
> think of a user-level solution.

I guess from my perspective, my concern is to try to keep it all
conceptually simple.  I don't think we can just assume that David and
John are the only one's who this will ever effect.  Down the road
(hopefully sooner rather than later) it would be nice to see zillions
of aircraft designers out there creating and modifying aircraft.

It would be nice to have a 'simple' 'clean' system that doesn't take a
lot of mental effort to get your head around.