John Wojnaroski writes:

 > On Jan 19 the FGEngInterface and FGGearInterface were removed from
 > the flight.hxx source. It broke a lot of code in the opengc
 > interface as well as internal logic to modulate the display
 > symbols.

Is the OpenGC interface in the FlightGear code base, or separate?  I
made sure that all existing code still compiled, but I wasn't aware of
breaking any third-party code at the time, and I apologize for any
damage.  In general, it is a good idea to follow the advice that has
come across this list during earlier discussions (especially from
Curt, Andy, and me), and rely on the property manager rather than the
C++ interfaces.  Property names do change occasionally, but the
breakages those changes cause are much less violent (and easy to debug
using the property browser).

As Curt has mentioned recently, we do plan to remove most of
FGInterface as well, when we have the chance; we are able to test that
nothing in the FlightGear code base breaks, but obviously, we have no
way to test external code.  If you're still using FGInterface calls to
get the current altitude, velocities, etc., I recommend switching to
properties as soon as possible to avoid future problems.

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson