> > >  13971 Segmentation fault
> > [you *are* joking, aren't you?!?!]
> Err, no.  Sorry.  Curt suggest I recompile ... in progress ...

Ok, that fixed it (dunno what it was).

I'm getting zbuffer fighting in the distance a little bit, but it's minor
compared to the junk you get when cloud layers intersect the scenery.

First, how about we use an incremental SetNearFar ...
        if (agl<10) use 0.5+agl otherwise 10
It gives a nicer transition on takeoff

Second, can't we statically figure out what the closest piece of visible
interior really is and set the near point accordingly, much more cheaply?

Third, for the in-cockpit viewpoint, once the aircraft is above 100 agl,
how about we just enlarge the whole aircraft around the pilot viewpoint
by a factor of ten, so the near point can move back out again ?

The latter trick doesn't work for poor visibility conditions, obviously.