David Megginson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> In every case, we want to be able to specify offsets for all six
> degrees of freedom.  I think that it makes sense to put all of this in
> a single, configurable viewer class, rather than having separater
> viewer_lookat, viewer_rph, and (eventually) viewer_tower classes that
> duplicate most of each-others' code.

At first look this doesn't seem all that bad.  The hardest part is going to be
cleaning up the hard coded bits out there.  The routines basically all produce
the same thing with different methods which helps.  Right now what I need to
do is map out all the calculations that are being applied and will come up
with a proposal to post here.  But it should be too bad once I get my head
around the whole thing.  Basically what I'm going to look at is modularizing
the calculation for each matrix component (camera, center, up) so that new
methods like some of what Michael described can be easily added.

Best,

Jim