The configurable mouse support is now about 75% complete, and it
already provides most of the functionality of the old GUI/mouse.cxx
module.  I'd be grateful if people could start taking a look by
building FlightGear --with-new-mouse and looking over
$FG_ROOT/mice.xml.  I've designed everything to support multiple mice,
in case we ever switch away from glut (which allows only one).

We also get mouse-wheel support for free under Linux, with X-windows
configured for mouse-wheel support, since the wheel movement is
reported as buttons 3 and 4 -- you can play with this now, if you're
adventurous (for example, you could bind the mouse wheel to elevator
trim if you yoke or joystick doesn't have a trim wheel).

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson