> If any files in the archive have changed since your last update, cvs
> will attempt to merge the changes into your local tree.  It will attempt
> to do this even if you've made local mods.  If it can't merge the
> changes, it will mark the offending section of each file accordingly
> and then you'll need to edit them by hand to resolve the conflicts.

When you say "merge into tree" does that mean the cvs update should be
rewriting or otherwise modifying my existing personally-modified file, or
does merge not mean that files are merged together but more that a
separate code tree branches off and the new files reside elsewhere (and my
modified personally-modified version of the file stays the same)?

Keith Wiley                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.unm.edu/~keithw                 http://www.mp3.com/KeithWiley

"Yet mark his perfect self-contentment, and hence learn his lesson,
that to be self-contented is to be vile and ignorant, and that to
aspire is better than to be blindly and impotently happy."
                                           --  Edwin A. Abbott, Flatland