>The definition of a positive aileron deflection is when the right-hand
>aileron deflects according to the right hand rule - that is, trailing edge
>down (TED). Unfortunately, this results in a negative roll rate - it would
>be nice if our choice of coordinate system caused a positive aileron
>deflection to result in a positive roll rate, but this is not the case. :-(
>
>Anyhow, yes, Tony wanted to control each aileron individually, so this was
>changed. It *should* *be* the same to you and I. It's just that the left
>aileron will get the negative of the right aileron deflection.
>
>A control system *could* use the ailerons as flaps AND as ailerons. These
>are called flaperons. The space shuttle uses the wing outer control surfaces
>as ailerons and elevator. These are called elevons. You might also combine
>flaps, spoilers, ailerons, and elevator and call it a slapevon. Well ...
>maybe not.  ;-)
>
>In any case, Tony was right to split out the left and right aileron controls
>because we might want to model an aircraft that addresses various control
>surfaces in unique and interesting ways.
>
>Jon
Yes, It is necessary to control the ailerons separately for widely use.
I just found that a positive aileron pos result in a positive roll rate -- the JSBSim
version is downloaded 2 weeks ago. It run with C172 model. and I did a little change.
If you can be sure that positive aileron pos would result in nagative roll rate, that
must be my matter. Let me check it .
thank you for your patience.