Paul Deppe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> However,  I am seeing a strange clipping problem in the tower view mode with
> the C172 and C310 models when I use the 'x' key to zoom in (Cygwin/Win2k).
> Here's how to duplicate it:

Oh yes, I'm seeing it on my voodoo.  What kind of card are you using?  I have
experimented with some buffer settings, but haven't been able to fix it. I'd
say it is likely a problem of the model complexity and the inaccuracy of 16bit
fp (rendering at a distance).  We've got a lot of objects very close together
there.  One idea I had was to make a zoom feature that would push the eye
closer to the object on the lookat axis using an offset value, as opposed to
using the fov to close in like a telescope.  You'll note that the problem
diminishes when the model is reasonably close, so doing something like I just
described would solve the math issue that is causing this.  The only problem
is it wouldn't be very telescope like.

Best,

Jim