> We are using an head tracker to look around in flightgear.  It works the
same
> as the mouse, though.  Is this what you are asking, Jon?
>
> The problem with the glasses seems to lie when we enable the stereo buffer
on
> our graphics card to render the scene in 3d.  We can view FG in the
glasses
> without enabling the buffer, but the view just 2d -- it treats the glasses
> like another monitor.  The 3d buffer on the graphics card is suppose to be
> "no code" way to enable software to look 3d within the glasses.  When we
> enable the buffer, it locks up FG and basically crashes the machine.
>
> I hope this explains my problem better.

Perhaps a little more on the setup for those unfamiliar with the interface
into FG.
Commercial off the shelf or unique single point design?

Here's a thought..
Are the head tracker and glasses independent systems? Or a packaged deal?
Does the
output from the head tracker change for the 2D versus 3D mode. FG handles
view changes
via the mouse by moving the eyepoint (single point). Is the tracker
reporting two points in
stereo for each eye?

Regards
John W.