I've added a new property, /controls/parking-brake (also available
through FGControls).  For both JSBSim and the YASim C172, this
property overrides the toe brakes for the main gear (actually, for
YASim, it is just added then clamped).

The 'B' key now toggles the parking brake on and off.  There are a
couple of 2D panel issues we'll need to address:

1. the brake indicator light no longer works, because it's tied to the
   nosewheel (which has no brake); and

2. we need to provide some visual cue that the parking brake is set,
   probably by adding a parking brake instrument at the bottom of the
   panel (of course, the inability to taxi without full power should
   be a clue).

I'll add an animated parking brake to the C172 3D cockpit when I have
a chance, and will also try to remember to add the parking brake to
the other YASim aero models unless Andy beats me to it.

I haven't tried to add this to LaRCsim/UIUC yet.  Perhaps someone who
knows that code better could take a shot.

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson