This is what you get if the wrong version of automake/autoconf is used.  Unfortunately
the old and new versions are not compatible.  SimGear needs the old version.  The
automake/autoconf supplied with CygWin automatically detects which version to use, and
it might be possible to get these auto-detecting auto-tools for SuSE ... but I don't
know where from.  The easiest solution might be to get and install the SuSE packages
for the previous version of automake and autoconf.

While we're on the subject, I have to do "mv acsite.m4 acinclude.m4" before running
autogen.sh, otherwise I get a different set of errors.

- Julian