Erik Hofman wrote:
 > I think we should define a fixed value for each flap position,
 > otherwise every module looking at the value has to support (>0 &&
 > <0.32 or >0.34 && <0.66 or >0.66 && <1.0)!

They do anyway.  Many aircraft don't even have fixed flap stations; a
common homebuilt mechanism is just a three-possition rocker switch
that moves the flaps like trim.  Moreover, most aircraft take a
different amount of time to transition between different flap
stations.  A big jet takes longer to go from flaps 20 to flaps 30 than
from 0 to 2.

If you're interested in suggestions, I'd propose not having the sound
code inspect the absolute control values at all.  Instead, just loop
the sound so long as the value is changing (i.e. compare to the last
frame's sound).

This has the added benefit of being guaranteed to match the animation.

Andy

--
Andrew J. Ross                NextBus Information Systems
Senior Software Engineer      Emeryville, CA