Jim Wilson writes:

>Norman Vine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>
>> FWIW
>> I have found that the 'reset' and 'goto airport' routines 'good'
>> tests for making sure you still have control of the program
>> flow :-)
>>

>That's a good guess...like using "restoreInitialState()" that just copies
>all the properties as they were saved on intialization?
>That's the problem.
>Is there any way to control what gets restored, short of
>making the property
>read only?  Or should I insert a call (in the reInit()
>routine) to the view manager to clean up the mess?

My guess is that you want to make a 'snapshot' of the property
tree at the begining of reinit() and restore 'those things' that are
'pertinent' from the 'snapshot properties' just before returning from
reinit().

Just what 'those things' are will probably have to be discovered by
trial and error 'again' but this is obviously one.

FWIW IMHO this is a result of the general switch to the 'properties'
and I will leave it to the 'experts' to determine what they want the
behaviour to be

Note that in the case of 'reset' a simple check for viewer  mode could
be made in GUI / reset.cxx before calling reinit() and the viewer_mode
can be changed to mode[0] and then be reset after reinit() returns.

Whether we do this or leave it in mode[0] really doen't matter,  but
coming up with a 'white' screen after performing a reset from chase
mode is unacceptable so something should be done before we make
a release !

Cheers

Norman