"Curtis L. Olson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> - Uptime for seneca -
> Now  : 05:09:55 running Linux 2.2.19pre17
> One  : 177 day(s), 03:15:51 running Linux 2.2.19pre17, ended Sat Apr 20
16:11:27 2002

> The main flightgear server went 177 days straight without a hitch.
> But something went a little goofy and it was starting to accumulated
> some hung processes.  This was actually starting to cause me some
> problems, so rather than go for a record, I opted for a reboot to
> clean out the cob-webs.  Hopefully today is the start of our next 177
> day stretch. :-)

Next time try unloading everything--i.e. going to single user and back ;-)  A
couple weeks ago I upgraded my web server and sometimes game server to a
faster machine and it was two days shy of 9 months (without going single user
even).  I changed the IP and it's still running as a local file server now up
for 284 days!

Best,

Jim