On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 09:33:23PM -0700, Alex Perry wrote:

> > > That's exactly why the keymappings are broken out of the preferences.xml
> > > You can have two keyfiles and switch between them by changing one line.
> >
> > You're assuming that the user has write access to the FGBASE dir -- I'm
> > not.  On a shared system, each user would have to have their own FGBASE
> > in order to use a different keyboard.xml file.  Right?
>
> Now I understand what you're asking.  First, I think you can over-ride the
> preferences.xml on the command line, write and refer to your own custom one,
> and inside that selectively refer to the subfiles of the original.
> Second, a read-only site-wide preferences.xml should be very minimalist
> so that it isn't too difficult to use the .fgfsrc and command line settings.

What about allowing the user to specify a .xml file to load instead
of the defaults for each of the config files? ie

fgfs --keyboard-prefs=~/.fgfs/my-keyboard.xml

and the like?

That'd make things /far/ more flexible, and it'd fit nicely with the
current .fgfsrc system . . . I don't know how the preferences
this . . .

Simon

--
PGP public key Id 0x144A991C, or ftp://bg77.anu.edu.au/pub/himi/himi.asc
(crappy) Homepage: http://bg77.anu.edu.au