On Mon, 6 May 2002 16:42:26 -0700 (PDT),
Alex Perry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> > In real life, I've been having a hard time with my landings on the
> > circuit ('suck' might be the most appropriate term).
>
> Minor suggestions ...
> (1) Ask to have a night lesson.  The air will be a lot smoother and
>     you can practice things like roundout and ground effect
>     operations.

..early mornings also works nice here.  (roundout == flare out ?)

> (2) Wait a second before correcting for a wind gust effect (if
> feasible)
>     because many smaller transients occur in equal and opposite pairs.

..let the _plane_, do the work.
Gives the smoothest "weather" ride in TwinOtter's too.
Remember, you're not flying a theodolite platform.  ;-)

> >   fgfs --wind=270@15
> >   --prop:/environment/params/gust-wind-speed-kt=25
>
> Great! I'll try it.  Thanks.

...me2, once I have time.  Gasification work, I was ready to
come to California to haul a dollar per kilowatthour, now I
suddenly have a crazy britt wanting me to fire his 3 MW boiler,
and a norse and an afghan wanting me to stuff 2.2 MWe into the
grid and my own neighbors, who'll join me stuffing 350 kWe and
pumping 700 kW pool heat.  (I have to dump it _somewhere_.)

..on top of that, some upstart wireless isp here, has found he
needs to enforce his bandwidth policy, to _deliver_, sold
bandwidth.  So, I setting up his first Gnu/Linux box.  ;-)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: