Julian Foad wrote:

> Christian Mayer wrote:
> >
> > Note: You 2nd version does *not* use the string concatenation.
> >
> > The 2nd version boils down to the very C++ dependant
> >
> > operator<<(operator<<(operator<<(cout, "usage"),endl),...);
> >

> Yes, it does.  What point are you trying to make by saying "very C++ dependant"?
>Nearly all of FlightGear depends on C++.  That syntax is the first thing taught in
>any book on C++, and is just as suitable for use by experts as by beginners.

I wanted to point out the very big (internal) differnce of the ANSI C
style

"string1" "string2"

THat ends up as "string1string2" in a normal array of char

vs.

The C++ way:

cout << "string1" << "string2"

wich uses the operator<<() method.

Both are valid and have their pro and cons. But they are fundamentally
different (and the later doesn't use the string concatenation), although

cout << "string1" "string2"

and

cout << "string1" << "string2"

produce the same output.

CU,
Christian

--
The idea is to die young as late as possible.        -- Ashley Montague

Whoever that is/was; (c) by Douglas Adams would have been better...