* Bernie Bright -- Sunday 19 May 2002 06:23:
> As for line endings I think its simpler if we just use CRLF for both
> client and server.  I will check that the new server always sends CRLF.

ACK
Not that this is in any way obligatory, but the perl documentation says:

  $ man perlipc|col -b|grep -A12 "Line Terminators"
         Internet Line Terminators

         The Internet line terminator is "\015\012".  Under ASCII
         variants of Unix, that could usually be written as "\r\n",
         but under other systems, "\r\n" might at times be
         "\015\015\012", "\012\012\015", or something completely
         different.  The standards specify writing "\015\012" to be
         conformant (be strict in what you provide), but they also
         recommend accepting a lone "\012" on input (but be lenient
         in what you require).  We haven't always been very good
         about that in the code in this manpage, but unless you're
         on a Mac, you'll probably be ok.

m.