Hi,

As Cameron suggested me I expose here my 'problem', previously exposed
on the user ML :
http://seneca.me.umn.edu/pipermail/flightgear-users/2002-May/001078.html
(And previous in the thread))

the possibility to select waypoints among an xml-file defined list
of waypoints (lat + long and not airports). The instruments should compute
the heading and the distance to the selected wp, and mark it as done  in
the list when the plane reaches it. I know that the current FGFS allows
the pilots to define wp but :
- I don't want the autopilot to automatically start when we select a wp.
- current wp are not defined in the props tree so I can't use them with my
future panel instrument
- these wp can only be airports which is too restrictive for the missions
I want to plan.

Thus I'm currently writing some python script to implements such
facilities from an external processus through the telnet interface in
order to define wp coords and add them in the props tree and furthermore
to dynamically compute the heading an the distance. So I can solve my
problems, even it is very stylee :)

But I think that wp list should be defined in the property tree,
and if you do so, it would be nice of you  to announce it as soon
as it is  implemented so I don't do the same in my scripts for
nothing.

Thanks for all,

Olivier