I've been looking at the comparitive high price of good quality analogue yokes and I
wondered how difficult it would be to make my own and if anyone here has made one?

I figured that there might be a place that I could buy an old yoke and shaft from a
Cessna, Piper or similar and with a little engineering and some military grade rotary
potentiometers an analogue yoke wouldn't be too difficult to make would it?

Could a set of rudder pedals be made in the same way? with toe brakes too?

I also thought of doing this with USB but maybe that would
be too difficult?

Sorry for the O/T post and barrage of questions. I would be interested to hear of
anyone who has experience in this type of set up any advice.

Many thanks,

Matt.