David Findlay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> I believe it may be time for us to make a decision on what aircraft are going
> to be in FGFS stable 1.0. At the moment there is lot's of work on lots of
> different aircraft, but it will take a long time to get them perfect. Maybe
> it would be a good idea to make a decision on what's going in 1.0, and
> getting them perfect in terms of panels, models, and dynamics in plenty of
> time for 1.0. For some aircraft this would require new features in view of
> getting them ready.
This is a good point,  but one of the attractions of open development is
having the opportunity to decided exactly on what you want to work on, without
the usual concerns that go with work for income.  That said I think that four
or five excellent models would be a great showing for a 1.0 release.

> My choice would be two heavy airliners, four light aircraft training
> planes(cessnas, pipers, small twins). A few nostalga aircraft(like spitfires
> or whatever), a couple of transport aircraft, and a couple of
> experimentals(X-15 and shuttle maybe).
Excellent suggestions.  Tackling such a range is good for improving the FDM's,
laying the ground work for more contributions.  A small jet would be good as
well, like an embrier business class jet (a very cool looking plane imo) or
even something smaller like a citation.  Having a modler (based on ppe or
something else) desinged for doing buildings and aircraft well would be a good
thing to include and would probably generate a strong user/development base.

BTW I have the X15 with all the parts labeled.  If someone is interested in
doing the xml for animations I'll put it in cvs (it's based on the gear down
version).

Best,

Jim