* [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Frank Barry) [2002.06.13 15:27]:
> Hi Cameron,

Hello, Frank.  I'm Cc'ing the flightgear-devel list in case someone
wishes to add anything to my comments.  FG developers:  please Cc Frank
with any replies.

> Could you point me to where I might find how to write an autopilot for
> an FG model?

To my knowledge, there is no documentation on how the autopilot works
or how it communicates with the FDMs.  There is, however, plenty of good
source code in src/Autopilot/.

> Are there standard programming interfaces to allow another program to
> read control inputs and generate control outputs (for example from
> take-off, through a seriew of waypoints, through landing)?

Yes.  The standard inferface for just about everything in FlightGear is
the property tree.  Look in src/Autopilot/newauto.cxx at
FGAutopilot::init().  That should give you a general overview of how and
what the current autopilot gets and sets in the property tree.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to join the developer mailing
list.  Thanks
--
Cameron Moore
[ Do people in Australia, call the rest of the world, "Up Over" ? ]