> ima sudonim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>
> > 1) Does anyone out there know how to get a usb joystick working on
> macos
> > X?  Any other HIDManagers for macos x out there?  Any flight joysticks
> > (with twisting rudder on stick or separate rudder/throttle control)
> that
> > work on macos x?  That have their own drivers?
>
> I don't know the answer.  If you don't get any response here you might
> try
> contacting the guy at usboverdrive.com as I'm sure he can tell you.

        OK, I'll give that a try, thanks...

> > 2) Any hints on how to fly without a joystick? Neither mouse nor
> > keyboard seems to be working for me 8-)
>
> The joystick is easiest.  I'd give the mouse second.  If you right
> click until
> the cross hair cursor shows up (which indicates the mouse is now
> controlling
> the flight) then moving the mouse forward/back will control the
> elevator and
> left/right the ailerons.  You'll need to right click again to get back
> to the
> mouse arrow back for menu mode.

        OK, the right button click (ctrl click on mac os) seems MUCH easier
to work with.  I actually got up to 900 ft (somehow) before  loosing
control and crashing.

> > Even with --enable-auto-coordination.  I've checked the faq, but as
> soon
> > as the plane gets airborn it wobbles from one said to the other.
>
> Which aircraft are you seeing this with?  The only time I've seen real
> wobbles
> in that mode is when attempting to apply a lot of rudder while it is
> enabled.
>  Use the property picker (View Menu, Properties option) and look under
> controls to see if something is holding the rudder on you (the rudder
> value
> should be 0 at startup).

Rudder on taxi is 0.28500, rudder-trim 0v.  Once we're airborne these
values aren't changing.

Maybe once I can figure out the rudder controls via mouse and keyboard
this will get easier...

The c310, among others.  I'll start the engines, turn both throttles up
to full and accelerate (to redline, actually).  Once it starts to hop, I
hit down arrow to bring the elevator up, and the c310 starts wobbling as
soon as it leaves the ground.  Maybe I just need to give some sort of
right rudder to compensate for the propellers (or figure out a jet that
works on my system 8-))  Any easy to fly jets that you could recommend
(the 747s arent working on my system).

Incidentally, is there a common denominator to the planes that I can get
working or to those that I can't?

Basically,
c172, ufo, c310, c182 work -- are these all JSB

x15,x24b seem to work, couldn't fly via keyboard, change views, activate
hud, planes did nothing but climb -- don't remember what model these use

747-yasim, dc3-yasim, wrightFlyer1903-v1-nl-uiuc, 747-uiuc, beech99-uiuc
HANG with wait cursor, no keyboard response -- is this a uiuc/yasim
problem on my system?

> > BTW, cool anti-crash feature, but how can I disable it? 8-D
>
> Stay in the air? ;-)

        Highly unlikely, given my performance thus far 8-(   Cool game,
lousy pilot!  Wasn't it George Carlin who said that he wasn't afraid to
fly, just afraid of the unscheduled stops (i.e, crashes).

Thank you! Ima