Jim Wilson wrote:
> There isn't any information about autopilot features on an a4 that
> I've been able to find.  But since there is some interest in using
> autopilot, a basic configuration has been added to the setup file in
> CVS.

The original A4D didn't originally have an autopilot.  It was added
with the C model, according to the copy of Brad Elward's "McDonnell
Douglas A-4 Skyhawk" that arrived in the mail yesterday*.  The
autopilot was probably very simple -- it might not have even had a
vertical axis, or if it did it might have been altitude-hold only.
Dunno.

Andy

* It's a good book -- hardcover folio, about 200pp.  Lots of pictures,
  including some good cockpit images where the instruments are
  *almost* readable...  I'll try to get some scans made.  The content
  is mostly history, not a lot of technical data.

--
Andrew J. Ross                NextBus Information Systems
Senior Software Engineer      Emeryville, CA