[EMAIL PROTECTED] wwrites:

>I have found it generally useful to have them provided, and
>have wished the plib would do the same (for .deps directories,
>in particular).

FYI
the FlightGear 'configure' is designed to be able to be run in
a directory other then then the CVS source tree.

This has several advantages amongst them keeping the source
tree MUCH cleaner :-)

To use this feature:
1) run autogen.sh inside the CVS tree
2) create a new directory outside of the CVS tree
3) cd to the new directory
4) execute  $PATH_TO_CVS_SOURCE_TREE/configure; make

All of the compiler produced files should now be in your new directory
< .o .deps ect >
and the CVS tree should be 'clean' except for the files that autogen.sh
created
< ie aclocal automake and autoconf created files >

IMHO these autogen.sh created files should be reflected in the .cvsignore(s)

Cheers

Norman