Curtis L. Olson wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> > Is it enscript that is breaking, or the other end of its pipe?  The
> > error message says "Broken pipe" in enscript.write(chunk).  Maybe
> > just that the disk is full?
>
> By my reading of the error message, python is reporting that enscript
> died unexpectedly.

I agree, but I think that "Broken pipe" is the reason why enscript died, rather than
just the result of it dying.  What is it piping its output into?

> There is plenty of disk space, and the view
> command seems to work fine on other files

OK, these display (but are not coloured - isn't "enscript -color" supposed to do
syntax highlighting?):
  f*.hxx (5 files)
  README
  runfgfs.bat.in

These fail:
  f*.cxx (5 files)
  Makefile.am
  3dfx.sh
  ../FDM/JSBSim/FGAerodynamics.cpp
  ../FDM/JSBSim/FGAerodynamics.h

Sometimes the error is different: there is no mention of "enscript" and it says:

Python Exception Occurred

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/viewcvs-0.9.1/lib/viewcvs.py", line 2620, in run_cgi
    main()
  File "/usr/local/viewcvs-0.9.1/lib/viewcvs.py", line 2586, in main
    view_checkout(request)
  File "/usr/local/viewcvs-0.9.1/lib/viewcvs.py", line 1914, in view_checkout
    markup_stream(request, fp, revision, request.mime_type)
  File "/usr/local/viewcvs-0.9.1/lib/viewcvs.py", line 662, in markup_stream
    markup_stream_enscript(lang, fp)
  File "/usr/local/viewcvs-0.9.1/lib/viewcvs.py", line 501, in markup_stream_enscript
    enscript.close()
  File "/usr/local/viewcvs-0.9.1/lib/popen.py", line 180, in close
    self.file.close()
IOError: [Errno 32] Broken pipe

> For now you could try (as text) rather than (view).

Yes.  I don't need to use it at all actually; I was just having a quick look, so you
needn't spend time on this problem for my sake.

- Julian