I started my training in a Tomahawk based at Flying Cloud, so I am more used
to the low wing than the high wing.  However, I have been doing most of my
IFR training in a C172 as of late.

Landing the Archer is a little harder as it does float a lot more than a
172.  You also land the Archer flatter than you do a 172.  And you have the
extra weight of the Archer that is noticeable (especially at gross weight)
when climbing or turning.  The Archer is more stable in my opinion during
turbulent air and is very docile during stalls.  I like the Archer better
for long flights because it has more room and more carrying capacity.  I
also like the low wing during pattern work, as you can see the airport at
all times.

The C172 is a fun aircraft to fly, but requires more work to keep it where
you want it, or maybe I just haven't figured it all the way out yet!

Here is a breakdown of the aircraft that I have flown.

Aircraft        Total Time      X-Country Time
Tomahawk        45.2            14.5
Warrior 8               3.1
Archer  42.6            17.2
Arrow           1               0
C172            28.6            12.4

As you can see most of my time has been for training..

Ryan