Victoria Welch wrote:
> No jstest or jscal here and I have yet to track them down for
> something other than SuSE or Debian (or a tarball that has be be
> compiled into the kernel...)

These are userspace test programs, not the kernel driver.  They really
should have been installed with your distribution.  On my Red Hat
7.[23] boxes, they are in the "joystick" package.

Definitely get these and try them first -- this is the best way to
tell whether the problem lies in the hardware, driver, or
plib/FlightGear.

Andy

--
Andrew J. Ross                NextBus Information Systems
Senior Software Engineer      Emeryville, CA