Andy Ross wrote:
> Erik Hofman wrote:
>
>>Today I've sent some new textures to David (which he hopefully will
>>commit somewhere in the next weeks). But the result is such that I
>>want to let you know about it:
>

> Wow! This is magnificent.  I've always hated the city texture (too
> yellow, too nondescript, maybe the scale was wrong?), but was too shy
> to criticise it for lack of ability to make a better one. :) I looked
> really hard, and couldn't find the texture seams.  How did you manage

Hard work :-) I cracked up some satellite images into one seamless
image. The industrial area is not as nice as I would like it to be, but
since it covers only small areas it's hard to notce.

 > to get this to tile so well?  Where is the photo from, btw?

Its an airport south (?) of KSFO in the default scenery. When taking
off, make an 180 degrees turn and follow the lake/ocean until you reach
it (it's the second airfield if I recall correctly).

> Amazing, truly.

Thanks.

Erik