David Megginson wrote:
> Curt's problem, though, is that his deletion code has to do a linear
> search in the parent for each child node to remove it; I assume that
> plib's internal code just iterates.

Ah, never mind then. :)

Yeah, O(N^2) deletion behavior with thousands of nodes is bad, and no
allocator hack is going to fix that for us.  I'm with David now; plib
might have trouble doing constant-time deletion of children, but it
certainly should handle a plain old recursive destruction just fine.
Does it not?

Andy

--
Andrew J. Ross                NextBus Information Systems
Senior Software Engineer      Emeryville, CA