On Thu, 31 Oct 2002 07:09:12 -0500
David Megginson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Jon Stockill writes:
>
>  > But implementing them in a different format, with much reduced detail, as
>  > would be required for flightgear, using the original ones only for
>  > inspiration, and basic dimensions?
>
> Why not start with a 3-view of the real Eiffel Tower, then?  (Is there
> one online?)
>
> Personally, if I make a complex structure, I'll probably start with
> the Golden Gate bridge, since it's so close to out default starting
> point.

FYI I have an XPlane model of the GG bridge as well as the other Bay Area
bridges.  It looks pretty cool, even has strobe lights atop the pylons.
Licensing may prevent it from being incorporated in to the base package but it
could be made available as a separate download.  Note that there is a problem
with the current plib XPlane object loader that prevents textures from
a package for download together with some screen shots.

Bernie