Andy Ross <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Actually, wouldn't a sane default for the view code be to *always*
> pick a center point for the offset?  That is, just pick the center of
> a bounding box computed from the model (or the FDM).

Not sure, but it would seem like the pitch axis would generally be somewhat
near the wings,  which aren't always centered.  Note to readers: To save folks
from pointing this out yet again, we all know c.g isn't a fixed location.

> That being said, I'd be happy to put this to rest right now by moving
> the YASim origin for the 747 and A-4.  :)

Maybe it would be most economical, calculation wise, to do it that way?  In
the model/view code we'd have to throw another offset in the mix.

Best,

Jim