* Julian Foad -- Tuesday 12 November 2002 00:22:
> Yes, I find it's a compression problem too.  I have compression set at
> the default in my ~/.cvsrc so I use "cvs -z0 up" to update FlightGear
> (source), SimGear and TerraGear (which are all on the same server and
> are the only projects with which I have this problem).  I used to think
> it was CygWin-specific but it's just the same on Linux.

I had this problem on Linux, too, but I solved it: I fetched the last cvs
source code, compiled and installed it and never saw problems like that
again. So it seems that it was caused by incompatible cvs server/client
versions. People behind slow/expensive connections should really consider
to install cvs from source. (I'm running cvs v1.11.2 on SuSE 8.1)

m.