Jim Wilson writes:

 > > I'm already concerned about the base-package size.  We need to start
 > > thinking seriously about making most aircraft optional add-ons.  It's
 > > easy for me with a fast cable modem, but I don't want to scare away
 > > regular users.  If the DC-3 (for example) was its own, separately
 > > downloadable package, then I'd have no problem including the Blender
 > > and XCF sources with it.
 >
 > What are the options as far as CVS?  I can see splitting up the base package
 > release, either into individual aircraft perhaps a few groups of aircraft.
 > But it seems a little trickier with CVS and the current directory structure.

One option is to put an aircraft completely into its own
subdirectory, and then put the *-set.xml file inside there.  So,
instead of

  Aircraft/c172p-set.xml

we'd have

  Aircraft/c172p/set.xml

That's an easy code change.  The hard part is managing panels, 3D
models, and aero models, since there's not a 1:1:1 relationship among
these.

All the best,

David

--