Curtis L. Olson writes:

> One additional thing that would be very nice to support is the ability
> to have at least one additional directory level for grouping aircraft:
>
>   Aircraft
>     -> Small-Single-Engine
>     -> WWII
>     -> WWI
>     -> Modern-Jet-Fighters
>     -> Commercial-Jets
>     -> Bi-Planes
>     -> Sea-Planes
>     -> R/C Planes
>     -> etc.
>
> And then have the individual aircraft directory inside of the group
> directory.  Otherwise it's going to be a big mess (like it is now)
> when you start having more than 10-20 aircraft.  This also makes
> finding a particular aircraft more convenient becuase you don't have
> to traverse obscenly large lists.

Having a 'aircraft type' index into the aircraft database is a good idea
but I think that it should probably be just that an index otherwise you
end up needing multiple copies of the actual data.

ie  where would you put a WWII sea-plane fighter in the heirarchy ??

Indices can be easily built using the XML construct
 < $TAG include=$PATH />

Norman