Norman Vine wrote:

ace project writes:

>I'm getting a compile error while compiling the latest
>SimGear(CVS) under cygwin(current version/fresh
>install).
>
>My compiler is gnu gcc 3.2 (20020927)
>PLib 1.6.0 (in /usr/local)
>GL.h Mesa 3-D version 3.4

Why are you using the Mesa gl header and not the one
that ships with the Cygwin distribution ????

>./configure --prefix=/usr/local
>make && make install
>
>The errors:
>Making all in clouds3d
>make[4]: Entering directory
>`/tmp/SimGear/simgear/sky/clouds3d'
>source='extgl.c' object='extgl.o' libtool=no \
>depfile='.deps/extgl.Po' tmpdepfile='.deps/extgl.TPo'
>\
>depmode=gcc /bin/bash ../../../depcomp \
>/usr/bin/gcc-2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.
>-I../../../simgear -I../../..  -I/usr/local/include
>-I/usr/X11R6/include  -g -O2 -D_REENTRANT -c `test -f
>'extgl.c' || echo './'`extgl.c
>In file included from extgl.c:85:
>extgl.h:363: `glBlendColor' redeclared as different
>kind of symbol /usr/X11R6/include/GL/gl.h:1648:

Looks like you have 'X-Windows' installed

If this is true AFAIK you are breaking new ground and the
configure scripts will need to be tweaked to suport this.

Norman

Hello,

I'm in a similar position, but possibly a bit further along. Have a current Cygwin installation including their X windowing package. Also have the current CVS of the development package. By going to /usr/X11R6/include/GL/ and renaming (to hide without losing) gl.h and glext.h, then restarting with ./configure, the compiles all completed without error (but many warnings). When running, the splash image shows up properly in a window, most off the initialization seems to work, textures are found, and about 1 second of sound is heard before a segfault and a hex dump of the stack and registers.

Not being too familiar with Cygwin, I'm a bit lost at this point. A symbol table to convert the hex traceback listing could give clues. Plan to look for library files tied to the gl*.h files I removed, as a possible cause.

The last few lines of startup dialog before the segfault are:
token = OBJECT_BASE name = 942049.btg
token = OBJECT name = KHAF.btg
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Any suggestions to reduce wheel spinining?

--
Bill Earnest wde3@ptd-dot-net Linux Powered Allentown, PA, USA
Computers, like air conditioners, work poorly with Windows open.